How to Install HIC Compression
HIC is short for Hidden Integrated Compression. In this video, our scooter expert, Jonas, shows you how to install HIC compression correctly.
First step: Installation of your fork and headset
- Take the first bearing and slide it onto the fork
- Slide the fork into the head tube of your deck
- Take the other bearing and place it in the upper bearing cup
- Fit the C-ring into the headset
- Put on the headset top cap
Second step: Installation of the HIC scooter compression
- Place the shim on top of the fork
- Now, take your HIC top cap and screw it on
- Until it is nice and tight. Well done!
Grease: When assembling metal parts, applying grease can make your life a lot easier, and it can increase the lifespan of your parts as well. In the case of installing HIC compression, you may want to add a small amount of grease to the two bearing cups as well as to the threading on your HIC top cap.
...Next step: Installation of Bar and Clamp